I understand the idea of the groundhog seeing his shadow and all, but technically speaking there are six more weeks until the start of Spring since that date is March 21 anyway, unless I'm missing something. Who started this funny day of the year anyway? I'm sure Punxsutawney Phil is not too happy coming out in the cold weather. Oh well, I guess the idea is to give some type of hope to the people who are not happy with the winter weather. I admit the groundhog is a really cute animal, but why bother the little guy, huh? I guess this is something else I need to look into for some more information. What is the history of Groundhog day anyway? Anyone know? To me, it's always just another day of the year, but apparently a groundhog pops out for a morning stroll. He probably runs back in because it is cold, not because of the shadow. I guess depending on how warm it is outside, he may stay out a little longer, perhaps ending up not seeing his shadow?
Funny, this day in February has created a few entertaining things. The great movie Groundhog Day takes place time and time again on this strange day of the year starring Bill Murray, which is hilarious. I guess that is something. There is also the Rankin Bass special Jack Frost that deals slightly with Groundhog day. Hey Buddy Hacket is the voice of Punxsutawney Phil. You can't beat that. If you happen to own a Nintendo GameCube and Animal Crossing, today is also celebrated in your animal town at the Wishing Well. Too cute! You can talk to Tortimer and Mr. Resetti pops out as the groundhog. Too funny!
Well enjoy this bizarre day of the year. Hope the outcome was okay with you. Me, I don't mind the six more weeks of winter, but I'm just strange to begin with. Go figure!
No comments:
Post a Comment