Happy Valentine’s Day! Yes, it’s that one day of the year you need to show your significant other how much you love them. The funny thing is you should be showing them and telling them everyday. I know my husband and I do. We treat everyday as a special day since we get to share life together. We don’t need one day for an excuse to show our appreciation of the other. I know there are some people who do, which is kind of sad. Everyday is precious and should be treated as such. At least say “I Love You” once a day; a hug and a kiss, there’s nothing like them. If you love the person enough to be with them, why not show them you care. Just simple gestures show your affection and to have a day to remind people that they need to do these things is pretty silly.
It is also a very frustrating day for people who have no one. I remember those days all too well. How depressing Valentine’s Day can be and to see everyone around you getting flowers and chocolates . . . makes you not want to go out. Thank goodness for my Father who would always do something for me and my sister.
Valentine’s Day is a special day nevertheless, but if you plan on going out to dinner don’t expect great service. Even good restaurants try and scoot you out the door as soon as possible so they can squeeze more people in to make as much money as they can. There are exceptions, but for the most part most restaurants are like this. Why not just stay home and make a nice meal together since the day is all about being with the one you love. I can’t remember the last time my husband and I went out to dinner on Valentine’s Day. The rush and frustration of trying to get reservations for annoyingly bad service just kind of created a distaste in our mouths. Oh well, everyone has their own idea of how to spend this day. I’m sure there will be a time we go out for Valentine’s Day in the future, but you can certainly save a lot of money not going out. Restaurants love to jack up the prices for this insane dinner day. Oh well.
No matter how you spend it, hope your day is special. Just remember Valentine’s Day is not a once a year event.
No comments:
Post a Comment