Okay, so I am a few days late, but Monday, January 24, 2005 was the unhappiest day of the year. Wow, not even the end of the first month of the new year, and already everyone is depressed? I know there are so many different things the media, doctors, psychologists, and the like keep track of throughout the world and our country. I have never heard that they actually keep track of the unhappiest day of the year. That is the strangest thing I have ever heard. How can you actually calculate something like this? It has to be absolute poppy-cock. If January 24 is the unhappiest day of the year, what is the happiest? Why make all the depressed people more depressed knowing that there is a day that actually sums up all of their misery? Just wondering? If anyone has any ideas, definitely let me know.
What I would like to know is why someone would even take the time to try and figure something out like this? Does anyone really care. I didn't see it marked on the calendar this year with all of the other world holidays, but hey, maybe I'm missing something? Oh well, rather than telling everyone how unhappy the day supposedly is, recommend to people that they get out and make it a happy day.
I would feel really terrible if that was my birthday. It would be the happiest day of the year for me, reversing the whole study. Apparently, this date is based on the end of the holidays and the winter weather that so many people find depressing. However, do people in the South find the warm weather depressing too? Perhaps this study was only for northern states? I should probably do some more research into this to see what exactly the information would be, but if anyone knows, please don't hesitate to let me know. Perhaps I am all wrong. But in any case, I would not allow a label on a day to make it more happy or sad than another. Each day is fresh and new so make the best of each one.
No comments:
Post a Comment