I love the winter! The snow and cold weather are really great! The winter is a wonderful time of year where you can bundle up and keep warm and cozy. You can huddle under the blankets with a good book or snuggle up and watch a movie with some hot chocolate. I also like to bury myself in blankets and play some video games. All are great things to do. I was just thinking about these things because the weather is soooooooo cold today. As long as you bundle up properly and know how to work with the weather everything is quite alright. I know there are so many people out there who absolutely hate the cold, snow, freezing rain, and anything to do with winter. The funny thing is that they live in New England where the weather is comletely unpredictable and they choose to complain about it. Oh well, to each his or her own.
My question is why complain about the weather? Weather happens whether you complain or not. We have no control over the weather. Why not just appreciate the weather for what it is? I love the fact that I live in New England where we have four distinct seasons. Sometimes it seems like the lines get a little fuzzy, but for the most part is it easy to discern. Wonderful Spring with the pretty flowers and rain; Summer with sunny days and thunderstorms; Fall with cooler temperatures and beautiful leaves to view; Winter with cold days and magical snow. Everyday brings new things to do and events that go on. Why not let the weather do the same thing? I'm just weird and enjoy what each day brings. Oh well. Stay warm!
1 comment:
My guess is that complaining about the weather serves two functions. The first being what Aristotle called catharsis. It is an emotional outpouring that serves no purpose other than flushing out the system. The second is social. Complaining about the weather or even saying "Cold enough for ya?" is a way of having a connection with some one you have no real relationship with. As a common experience it is indisputable. Some folks hold that the small social graces are the fabric of society. I am not entirely convinced one way or the other.
Post a Comment