So the holidays of 2005 are over, sadly. Christmas was upon us with a blur. Spending time with family is a wonderful thing; however, down time is needed to recuperate from such a busy couple of days. So much energy needed to sustain yourself through two full days of family, food, and presents. It is amazing to me that this was the last Christmas without children. My husband and I are looking forward to the new memories and adventures that will come with Christmas from now on. Children have such a way to add to the merriment with their excitement and anticipation. This will be fun to see and share.
After the Christmas goodies, there is always some let down. This is usually since there is so much build up for two days that as soon as they are over there is really nothing left in which to look forward. Since Christmas only comes once a year and there is so much to do on top of normal everyday things that it is hard to let go of those extras. I think the other reason is that as soon as Christmas is over, the wonderful Christmas music just stops instantly. I think there really needs to be a gradual decrease instead of this instant return to regular music on the radio. It almost seems like Christmas never happened and people are just supposed to return to normal and forget about everything to do with the holiday the day after. Because of this, my husband and I usually listen to Christmas music until New Year’s. I can usually go until we take the decorations down. I can never get enough Christmas music. Considering how we just love Christmas, it only makes sense. The holiday starts on the way home from Thanksgiving for us. We even get our tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year. You can get so into something that it is hard to forget it that easily. Oh well, we always manage to return to the day-to-day eventually.
New Year’s always seems to be fun, but too much after Christmas. Parties are way too much now. I always look forward to either a very laid back get together or simply staying home watching a movie. We stayed home this year since we are both a little under the weather and I don’t remember the last time I was up until midnight anyway. Funny thing since I have not been able to sleep that well lately, I was up for midnight anyway. Go figure. I was looking forward to sleeping through it. Oh well. I thought it would be good to at least get some thoughts down since I cannot sleep.
So on this New Year’s Day of 2006, I’m looking forward to many new adventures. My husband and I will have been together for nine years. I find that absolutely amazing since it seems like we just met at B. Dalton. We will be married for five years this May as well. We are also looking forward to meeting our special little one sometime in early May. This will be a year of so much that it will most likely be the fastest year that I can remember. I thought 2005 was fast, but I know this will fly even more quickly.
So after all the holidays are done, I’m looking forward to all the new beginnings that a new year offers. It feels like a clean slate since you get to start over. New years bring new things and here’s to a marvelous 2006.
Now, if only I could get some sleep.
1 comment:
dear friend,
update! update! (grin)
lisa
Post a Comment