Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Falling into Fall

Amazing, I'm posting for the second day in a row. I guess I have some things on my mind.

I always enjoy entering a new season because things start changing and new weather watching oportunities arise. Now that we are getting into quite a beautiful season, Fall, it will be nice to leave the hot, muggy, humid Summer behind. Not that I do not like the Summer, but I find I like the notion that Summer is the time of vacations and no school. Of course, no longer a student this whole idea is kind of thrown out. Now I just get to work through the summer. Oh well. The good thing to leave behind is the weather. Out of all the seasons, my least favorite is Summer. I'm not a fan of hot weather. Being born in the Winter probably has something to do with this, I don't know. I'm looking forward to the cooler, colder weather and the falling leaves and snow. I'm just that kind of girl.

For now, I am quite happy to be welcoming Fall. Everyday on my way to and from work, I always look at the leaves to catch any that are changing color. Little by little this is happening. What I am most excited about is sitting on my front porch looking at the moutain out front covered with trees. I have been dreaming of this since buying our house. I have been thinking of brewing some hot cocoa or tea and sitting out on the porch sipping and staring off into the lovely Fall splendor with my husband. Just the little things make me happy and this is certainly something to which I am really looking forward. So welcome Fall and all your many wonders!

No comments: