Thursday, June 30, 2005

New Life Adventures

So, yet again, I have gone over a month to post. At least now the house ordeal is finally over. However, the house was not the ordeal, but the mortgage brokers were the cause of my stress and anxiety. At least we do not have to worry about dealing with them anymore. Thank goodness.

My husband and I are finally homeowners. Funny, it does not feel real yet even though we have been living in the house for almost two weeks. I think the reality will hit when we start to pay the mortgage. Then it should definitely be real. It will take a little while to make things seem normal, but at least now we have a place to call our own and figure out what needs to be done. We no longer need to wait for the landlord. What a relief! Now we can fix things when they need to be fixed and paint things the way we want them to be painted.

Finally, we do not have to worry about something happening that will cause a problem except with ourselves. It is fun to be able to do this. Once we have waded through the boxes and have finished figuring out where things should go, we can start decorating. I think we are realizing we might have more decorations than we need, but we can now clean things out that no longer work with our more adult surroundings.

Now that we can finally call ourselves homeowners, the world seems a lot different. Not that we have moved that far away from our apartment, in fact we moved about two streets over. The initial weirdness that I still have not really gotten used to is going straight through the stop sign instead of taking a right. I guess doing that for over four years makes it hard to adjust that quickly. In time, that will be in the past.

So at the end of June, boxes are piled, objects are cluttered everywhere, and my kitchen is not yet organized. Now that I have the contact paper to match the roll I already finished that can finally be completed. That’s a start for only being in the house two weeks this coming Saturday.

I am really excited to be moving forward in life instead of stuck in neutral at a point when we needed to get out of apartment living. Not that we did not like the apartment, in fact we cried when we were ready to leave for the last time, but it was time for us to move on. Now we have and we are looking ahead to the new adventures that await as we progress into the many mysteries of being homeowners.

No comments: