Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Wonders of Long Hair?

I’m not really sure why I’m writing about it, but it struck me that my hair has almost magical properties. Perhaps it is one of my mutant abilities. My husband mentioned that there is a superhero called Medusa who uses her hair to fight crime. That’s pretty cool. Of course my hair is not that amazing. It’s just long, really, really long. Well, not so long that I trip on it of course.

Anyhoo, I have always had long hair. It would be bizarre if I ever cut it short. I actually do not anticipate every doing this anyway, so there. How boring am I? Oh well, I’m happy and comfortable with my long hair. I like what I can do with long hair. My sister always loved and still loves to play with and style it. It was quite nice having my own personal hairdresser when I was living at home. Now I don’t even bother doing anything except brush it after my shower every day. My sister, on the other hand, was always doing something different with her hair, cutting it short, letting it grow, cutting it short, etc. She has the guts to try different things, but I can never bring myself to do so. Whenever I get a haircut or trim really, I always just want about an inch cut to just even everything out a bit. I get upset if too much hair is cut off because I think my hair has gotten on the short side. Just call me weird because I know it is still long. The next time I go, I will probably have to go beyond an inch because it has been a little longer than normal since my last trim. We’ll see what happens.

So yeah, my hair can be magical sometimes. For starters, it sticks to everything. Where ever your go in our home, you will find my hair all over the place. Vacuuming is fun since I have to clean out, or actually cut out my hair with a scissors since it gets so dense and makes it almost impossible to vacuum. It’s crazy and absolutely amazing that so much hair came from my head. My hair is good for tickling, especially my husband when he’s sleeping and my hair gets close to his face or nose. I can also whip people with my hair. So be careful if you stand too close and I’m pulling my hair out of a shirt or something. Probably the weirdest thing my hair has ever done is made its way into my husband’s wallet. This I will never be able to explain. Apparently my hair likes to travel. So, if I ever visit your home you can always verify that I have been there if you can see the long blond hairs on your sofa or rug. I just think my hair has a mind of its own. It will probably take over eventually and it will tell me where to go. As long as it does not strangle me in the middle of the night that’s fine with me. Whatever happens, I will still like my long hair.

No comments: